Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing particular content on a web server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various forms of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a peek at these. In that way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to set up a web site, mail aliases, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by certain hosts, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the tasks at hand between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a great number of images with comrades or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your mails. Some suppliers provide website hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many video files as you desire without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video files, and so on. At Duty Free Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific content only.